Heart Disease is the leading cause of the death in the whole world. It is also a major cause of disability in human. Changes in lifestyle in the form of dietary modifications and exercise help in reducing the risk of heart attack in future, according to Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao. Therefore, there are many things that can raise your risk for heart disease or heart attack. Similarly, they are known as risk factors. And there are many things that you can control. Before the conclusion, we need to know about How to Avoid Heart Attack? For the read this article to know more about heart disease | Heart attack | precaution.
Heart Disease Risk factors that you cannot change
- The risk of heart disease increases as you get older. Generally men age is 45 and older and women age is 55 and older have a high risk of heart attack.
- Race or ethnicity. Many groups have higher risks than others of heart disease.
- Family history. If you have a close family member who had heart disease at an early age, you have a greater risk.
Visit also- COVID-19 Can Damage Your Heart
How to Avoid Heart Attack | Heart Surgeon Expert– Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao
Fortunately, there are many things you can do to reduce your heart disease chances:
Control your blood pressure
- High blood pressure is a major risk for heart disease or heart attack. So it is important to check your blood pressure regularly –for adults at least once a year, and more often if you have high blood pressure issues. Your lifestyle changes can improve your high blood pressure.
Keep your cholesterol levels under control
- High levels of cholesterol can raise your risk of coronary artery disease, heart disease and heart attack. Changes in lifestyle and medicines (if needed) can improve your cholesterol.
Stay at a healthy weight
- Being overweight or having obesity can increase chances and risk for heart attack. This is mostly because body weight is linked to other heart disease risk factors, including high blood cholesterol and high blood pressure, and diabetes. Controlling your weight can lower heart risks.
Eat a healthy diet
- A healthy balanced diet is perfect to a healthy heart and food circulation system. This should include fresh and healthy fruit and vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, fish and pulses with restricted salt, sugar and fat intake.
Get regular exercise
- Exercise have many benefits including strengthening your heart and improving your body blood circulation. It can also help you maintain a healthy weight, lower cholesterol, and blood pressure. All of these can reduce the chances of heart disease.
- Drinking alcohol too much can increase your blood pressure. It also has extra calories, which may cause of weight gain. Both of those increase your risk of heart disease.
- Smoking cigarette is also raises your blood pressure and puts you at higher risk for heart attack and stroke. If you do smoke, quitting will lower chances risk for heart disease.
Know your blood sugar
- High blood glucose (diabetes) increases the risk of heart attacks and heart strokes. If you are suffering form diabetes it is very important to control your blood pressure and blood sugar to decrease the risk of heart disease.
Make sure that you get enough sleep
- If you don’t get enough sleep, it will also raise your risk of heart disease. Most adults need 7 to 9 hours of sleep in every night. So always make sure that you have good sleep habits.
Also you can read NeoCov Virus and How NeoCov Hits the Heart Patients
Hence, for more details about heart disease, Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao is best heart doctor in Delhi, India, who has so many years of experience with many heart diseases.