TAVI (Transcatheter aortic valve Implantation) also known as TAVR (Transcatheter aortic valve replacement), is the surgery that is performed on a patient affected by a disease called aortic stenosis, during the aortic valve malfunctions and cannot simulate its function of opening and closing correctly. For patients who are suffering from this condition, their heart is unable to pump blood to the rest of the body. TAVI/TAVR surgery involves the removal of the malfunctioning aortic valve with a replacement one using a large and thin tube called the catheter. Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao is one of the leading TAVI and TAVR Experts in India.
TAVI and TAVR Expert in India| Symptoms of Aortic Stenosis
This disease mainly happens in patients when they feel:
- Shortness of breathing or dyspnea
- Chest pains
- Swelling of legs
- Dizziness and fainting
These conditions frequently occur because of stenosis, which causes the aortic valve to enhance narrow and start malfunctioning. This narrowing of the valve prevents blood flow from the heart to the rest of the body, which holds place after qualifying through the aorta. TAVI/TAVR is additionally preferred by Best Cardiologist Expert In Jaipur when they find out that a previously replaced valve has started malfunctioning or also in cases if the patient is not implemented enough to support an open heart surgery due to lung or kidney disorders.
Also you can check: Common Types of Heart Surgery
Medical Tests or Diagnosis
TAVR Expert in India performs a range of medical inspections and diagnoses before doing TAVI/TAVR on heart patients, like:
- Computed Tomography (CT) scan
The Angioplasty Expert in India also tests for other medical problems before recommending TAVI/TAVR as the normal operational treatment for aortic stenosis is open-heart valve surgery, but TAVI/TAVR is simply recommended if the patient is suffering from a different medical condition and is also ill to survive open-heart surgery.
Preparations and post-surgery recovery
Some procedures might be requested from the patient before the surgical treatment
- Medical tests will be conducted on the patient to verify they have the advantage of the TAVI/TAVR treatment
- The patient and their family will be discussed, and all the risks will be disclosed to them
- The patient would be admitted to the hospital to perform surgery
- The patient’s family would have to be compelled to sign permission forms
- Medication to decrease the possibilities of infection after surgery
The patient has to remember all their required medications and personal information to the hospital and consult the Best Heart Doctor of Mitral Valve before getting into for surgery about the medications, sensitivities or reactions, and time of eating or drinking before surgery. After surgery, there are particular procedures to be followed:
- The patient would have to be compelled to spend 2 to 5 days in the hospital for improvement.
- The doctor would consider your medicines post-surgery, and some”> and a few do’s and don’ts after surgery for a few months to avoid the risk of infection.
Best Heart Treatment – TAVI Expert in India
The team of doctors strictly monitored the procedure. Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao took great care of their patients and handled the problem very efficiently. He is truly an outstanding doctor and also the Best Impella Device Procedure Doctor in India.
The Best Transcatheter mitral valve replacement (TMVR) Expert In India gave sufficient time to the patient to clear all the doubts which they had in their mind.