Transcatheter aortic valve replacement is a process in which doctors replace a diseased aortic valve which is a man-made valve. This process is also known as open-heart surgery. Aortic valves are control blood flow in our heart, so if the valve is stiff you have faced a condition that’s called aortic stenosis. If blood flow goes out of control in the valve, you have chances to face heart failure condition. Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao is Top TAVR Expert in Hyderabad and also Best Heart Valve Expert in Hyderabad. In TAVR, doctors insert a blood vessel in your leg to deliver and implement with an artificial valve in your heart. TAVR (Transcatheter aortic valve replacement) is also known as TAVI (transcatheter aortic valve implantation).
Why the need for TAVR | Top TAVR Expert in Hyderabad
You may need TAVR if you face the symptoms of heart failure due to aortic valve stenosis. It also increases the risk of traditional open-heart aortic valve replacement surgery such as-
- Older age
- Weaker heart
- History of stroke
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Previous radiation treatment of chest disease
Risks of TAVR:
Dr. Ravindra Singh Rao is performing on TVARs treatment and also he is Top TAVR Expert in Hyderabad. He do many successful open-heart surgery. The most common risk of TAVR is-
- Heart attack
- Kidney failure
- Leaking of replacement valve
- Severe heart attack or heart failure
- Decreasing blood supply in the brain causes a stroke
- Damage to your blood vessels
There may be other risks of TAVR, that depends on your medical condition. So when you go for the TAVR procedure, first of all, be sure to discuss everything with the doctor.
How do prepare for TAVR?
Before surgery be sure about what you discuss with doctors about your health so, after that, your medical and surgical team check your overall health. In this processer, this may include x-ray, CT scans, blood tests, MRI, or any other tests. These tastes create an image of your heart. For this treatment, you may need to-
- Tell your medical doctor or health care about what kind of drug you take or including any other medicines you take.
- Stop those medicines that were your health provider not allow to you.
- Quit smoking and any other alcohol if you take.
- Stop eating and drinking before surgery, especially at midnight.
What happens during TAVR?
TAVR procedure follows these steps before you go for TAVR-
- You may remove any kind of jewelry if you wear it during TAVR, also you have to remove any other object that interferes with the procedure.
- You will empty your bladder before the procedure.
- You may remove your clothes and wear a gown that given to you.
- Your medical team monitors your blood pressure, blood sugar level, heart function, and heart rhythm and manages the treatment you need during the procedure.
- Once the new valve properly fixed, your surgeon will exchange the new valve for the older one.
- After this all procedure your doctors take measurements and images to check that your valve starts working properly or not.
What happens after TAVR?
- Your health is monitoring by the medical team after this procedure so you may spend some nights in the hospital recovering.
- You’ll need regular follow-up with the doctors after TAVR if you have any kind of symptoms or sign after the procedure.
- You may need to follow many certain medications and instructions for recovery. Here are some helpful instructions for recovery-
- Walk around so much as is possible.
- Quit smoking or alcohol.
- Take proper medicines.
- If you feel any kind of pain, swelling, or bleeding connect with your doctor as soon as possible.
- Eat healthy food that is good for your health and your heart.
Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao is Top TAVR Expert in Hyderabad , Best Heart Valve Expert in Hyderabad, and also he is the Best Heart Bypass Surgeon. He has performed thousands of successful heart disease surgery. The heart of surgery by Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao is complex aortic surgeries, post bypass, main vessel disease, or many more. Consult with the best Cardiologist expert and Best Heart Valve Expert in Hyderabad today.