If you are suffering from a heart condition, you may have already asked your doctor how COVID-19 and its variants affect your heart. If you haven’t consulted this still, you may consult it shortly and see if you require taking any additional precautions. People with heart disease should do everything possible to avoid COVID-19. They should keep social distancing, avoid crowds, and focus on their health during the pandemic, says- Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao.
How Coronavirus is Dangerous for Heart Disease People and Risk | Best Angioplasty Expert in Delhi- Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao
Anyone can affect COVID-19 or the second variant of this virus known as Omicron. Many people infected the minor symptoms and can recover at home. Those most at risk of acquiring more wellness from Omicron are adults, older, and those with prior conditions, including heart disease.
Heart disease refers to several other types of heart disorders. The most ordinary is coronary artery disorder, which affects blood flow to the heart and can lead to a heart attack.
People in the age of 60 and older who suffer coronary heart disease or high blood pressure are most at risk to develop unbearable symptoms from the Omicron virus, according to the best Angioplasty Expert in Delhi.
Stroke survivors and people with other heart conditions also suffer an increased chance for difficulties from COVID-19 variants. Those diseases contain heart failure, cardiomyopathies, heart disease, congenital heart disease, heart valve disorder, and atrial fibrillation.
For more you can visit: COVID-19 and Heart Patients
How does Omicron affect the heart?
People with a heart disorder are at high risk for problems from a viral infection. For example, the flu virus can begin a heart attack that’s why vaccination is referred to decrease the chance of omicron.
With COVID-19, the virus can harm the respiratory system and force the heart to function quickly and harder to deliver oxygen and blood to the main body organs. COVID-19 virus can also cause blood clots in your heart’s arteries. It can also attack and dilute the heart muscles.
The counted anxiety and stress can be risky for people who are suffering from heart disease and can result in additional severe symptoms and difficulties, for that you can consult with Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao- Best Heart Valve Experts in Hyderabad, India.
What precautions should I take if I have heart disease?
People with heart disease should take the identical precautions that apply to the general public when it comes to COVID-19 and Omicron and more, including:
- Make sure you have a phone number to access your medical team (or primary care physician, hospital, or public health department).
- Stock up on medicines and include medical equipment like a thermometer, blood pressure machine, and weighing machine.
- Check for COVID-19 symptoms- fever above 100 degrees, breathing problem, and coughing.
- Understand the risk signs- shortness of breath, chest pain, disorder or tiredness, and bluish lips. Call Best Heart Expert in India if any occur.
- Stay up to date on flu and pneumonia vaccinations.
- Substitute a tale-health visit for a regular, in-person visit if you’re handling it well.
- Ask your doctor about extra monitoring of your strength needs for your heart condition.
- If you are experiencing cardiac rehabilitation, check with your doctor on how to restart.
Protect your heart
If you’re undergoing symptoms of a heart attack or stroke, do not ignore symptoms of a heart or stroke emergency. Early therapy can save your life, so that contact as soon as Top Heart Failure Surgeons in Chandigarh, India Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao.