Cardiac arrest is a serious heart condition in which the heart stops beating. It is a serious health issue for old persons. According to a medical report, every year half of a million people experience cardiac arrest in the US. Cardiac arrest is also called sudden cardiac death. If you are also experiencing the symptoms of cardiac arrest then u can contact Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao, the Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh or also one of the Top Heart Failure Surgeons in Chandigarh, India.
Many people confused about cardiac arrest and heart attack but they are different. In a heart attack, our heart continues to beat but blood was blocked in muscles. But on another side in cardiac arrest, the heart stops beating and stops blood pumping, and also heart rhythm is not functioning properly.
Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh | Heart Valve Expert in Rajasthan
Causes of Cardiac Arrest
Two common factors of cardiac arrest are ventricular and atrial fibrillation.
- Ventricular Fibrillation: The heart has four chambers and two lower chambers are ventricles. In ventricular fibrillation, the heart’s rhythm changes dramatically. The main reason for cardiac arrest is ventricular fibrillation.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Two upper chambers are atrial fibrillation and these chambers are also known as atria.
Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh, India | Symptoms of Cardiac Arrest:
The most common and general symptoms of cardiac arrest are-
- The heart is not beating
- Sudden collapse
- Consciousness, in which the person is shaking and speak loudly
- Cessation of breathing, in which you can check the movement of the chest, feeling the air on the chick, or hearing the sound of breathing
- Lack of pulse, which is can you fell on neck and wrist
The risk for Cardiac Arrest:
Commonly the risk factors of cardiac arrest depend on family background or family history. The factor of numbers is to increase the risk of cardiac arrest. The most common risk of cardiac arrest is-
- High blood pressure or high cholesterol
- Previous heart attack
- Alcohol or drug
- Male gender
- Lifestyles like smoking, sedentary behavior, or obesity
- Any type of heart diseases such as including coronary artery disease and a heart condition.
Reducing your risk of cardiac arrest:
- Regular physical exercise
- Staying in healthy weight
- Controlling high cholesterol, blood pressure
- Not smoking
Diagnosing Cardiac Arrest | Top Heart Failure Surgeons in Chandigarh, India
In cardiac arrest, doctors will perform a test which is an electrocardiogram, to identify the heart rhythm and heart condition. Some other tests also perform to identify the heart issue. These are-
- Blood test: A blood test basically measures the potassium and magnesium levels in blood and heart.
- Chest x-ray: Chest x-ray checks the signs of any other heart disease.
If u have a healthy heart and don’t have any heart disease and also no any family history of heart disease but if you feel the symptoms of cardiac arrest you can easily contact Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao, the Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh who holds many years of experience in heart specialization and also he is Best Heart Bypass Surgeon in Ahmedabad or Top Heart Doctor in Chandigarh and many other cities. Top Heart Failure Surgeons in Chandigarh