Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh: Cardiac arrest occurs when the heart suddenly stops beating, leading to a lack of blood flow and oxygen to the brain and other vital organs. It is a medical emergency that can be fatal if not treated immediately. According to a medical report, every year half of a million people experience cardiac arrest in the US. Cardiac arrest is also called sudden cardiac death. If you are also experiencing the symptoms of cardiac arrest then u can contact Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao, the Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh or also one of the Top Heart Failure Surgeons in Chandigarh.
Many people are confused about cardiac arrest and heart attack but they are different. In a heart attack, our heart continues to beat but blood was blocked in muscles. But on another side in cardiac arrest, the heart stops beating and stops blood pumping, and also heart rhythm is not functioning properly.
Top Heart Failure Surgeons in Chandigarh
Causes of Cardiac Arrest
Heart specialist in Chandigarh, Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao says there are two common factors of cardiac arrest: ventricular and atrial fibrillation.
- Ventricular Fibrillation: The heart has four chambers and two lower chambers are ventricles. In ventricular fibrillation, the heart’s rhythm changes dramatically. The main reason for cardiac arrest is ventricular fibrillation.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Two upper chambers are atrial fibrillation and these chambers are also known as atria.
Symptoms of Cardiac Arrest | Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh
The most common and general symptoms of cardiac arrest are-
- The heart is not beating
- Sudden collapse
- Consciousness, in which the person is shaking and speak loudly
- Cessation of breathing, in which you can check the movement of the chest, feel the air on the chick, or hear the sound of breathing
- Lack of pulse, which can you to fall on your neck and wrist
The risk for Cardiac Arrest | Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh
Commonly the risk factors of cardiac arrest depend on family background or family history. The factor of numbers is to increase the risk of cardiac arrest. The most common risk of cardiac arrest is-
- High blood pressure or high cholesterol
- Previous heart attack
- Alcohol or drug
- Male gender
- Lifestyles like smoking, sedentary behavior, or obesity
- Any type of heart disease such as including coronary artery disease and a heart condition.
Reducing your risk of cardiac arrest
- Regular physical exercise
- Staying at a healthy weight
- Controlling high cholesterol, blood pressure
- Not smoking
Also, read Congenital Heart Disease
Diagnosing Cardiac Arrest | Top Cardiologist in Chandigarh
Famous cardiologist in Chandigarh, Dr. Rao says, In cardiac arrest, doctors will perform a test which is an electrocardiogram, to identify the heart rhythm and heart condition. Some other tests also perform to identify the heart issue. These are-
- Blood test: A blood test basically measures the potassium and magnesium levels in the blood and the heart.
- Chest x-ray: Chest x-ray checks the signs of any other heart disease.
Video: Patient Testimonial about Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh
If u have a healthy heart and don’t have any heart disease and also no family history of heart disease but you feel the symptoms of cardiac arrest you can easily contact Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao, the Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh and also one of the Top Heart Failure Surgeons in Chandigarh, who holds many years of experience in heart specialization and also he is Best Heart Bypass Surgeon in Ahmedabad and many other cities. Consult with him on the emergency helpline number +91-7891791586.