People who had corona in the past should take good care of their hearts for at least one year because the side effects of COVID can come in the form of any heart-related disease. According to the Best cardiology expert in Jaipur, Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao, the heart-related disease can be seen in the span of one month to a year due to corona infection. And people with heart disease must take care of themselves. So, know What Do Heart Disease People Should Know About COVID-19? And what precautions you should take.
What Do Heart Disease People Should Know About COVID-19? | Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao
Not only heart disease people but also people who recently recovered from covid-19 should take care of their hearts. Here are some question and answer of what do heart disease people should know about covid-19?
If you are a heart patient, do you have more risk of getting Covid disease?
It’s not necessary that if you have any heart-related disease, you can get infected from COVID-19 illness. But if you get the disease, then there is a chance that you can get severely ill and have a higher risk of death. You are at higher risk of getting a severe illness from COVID-19 if you have: –
- Any liver disease.
- Uncontrolled blood pressure.
- Kidney disease.
- Any immune-related disease.
- Old age people (more than 70).
- A habit of smoking.
- Are from the healthcare department.
- Down syndrome.
- And have severe heart disease.
How can you be safe from getting the severe COVID disease?
- Earlier vaccines were not available, so the risk of getting COVID was very high. But, now that vaccines are available, so, make sure you are fully vaccinated. So, the chances of getting covid-19 could be less.
- Also You can check: Why COVID Vaccination is Important for Heart Patients?
Cover yourself with a mask
- Even if you are fully vaccinated, you should cover your mouth with a mask. So that if someone or you sneeze or coughs, then virus particles can’t enter directly into your body.
Follow healthy routine
- Following a healthy routine is the most necessary step you should follow so that your immunity can be boosted and help you to be safe from COVID disease or any other heart-related diseases.
What to do if you have any COVID symptoms?
So, the Covid-19 symptoms list is:
- Sore throat
- Body ache
- Lost in taste or smell
- Difficulty in breathing (in severe cases)
What to do if you see these symptoms?
In some cases, patients don’t get symptoms in starting. But whenever you find out any covid sign, or you doubt that you get covid then;
- Firstly, you should isolate yourself.
- Oxygen reading.
- Tell your family members or with whom you are living to get them tested first if you tested positive for covid-19.
Do not become a doctor yourself when you come COVID positive. Many people start taking medicines on their own. It is not precise because the wrong medication can make the symptoms worse. So, take only the necessary treatment, consulting with the doctor. If possible, keep a health track from time to time. Hence, keep an oximeter, BP machine, thermometer, and sanitizing wipes with you, always. Also Can Coronavirus Cause Heart Damage?
When should you get yourself checked for COVID?
Keep a clear eye on the symptoms. In most cases, COVID firstly affects respiratory function, and later patients can have sore throat and fever. Do yourself check after three days of getting symptoms. However, you can get yourself tested within three days, but there is the rare possibility that the report will be accurate or not.
The immunity of people suffering from heart diseases is much weaker than that of other patients. Due to this, any virus rapidly affects the heart of such patients and damages the heart muscle. If the virus reaches such patients, then the body’s ability to fight it is much less than healthy people.
Such patients should get themselves examined if they have any symptoms of coronavirus. And the doctor they are treating should advise them to get such tests done. Don’t bother to get such tests done unnecessarily. Doctors only test people who have any COVID signs. Or that person has come in contact with any coronavirus infected person.
Whom should you contact if you have any covid-related queries?
You can contact Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao, the best cardiologist in Rajasthan. You will get the best answers and treatment for your disease. Or you can also mail at email@example.com for any queries.
Also you can check: Can Covid-19 Affect the Heart During and After Infection?