Atherosclerosis Symptoms | Causes | Diagnosis and Treatment: Arteriosclerosis has a form named atherosclerosis. Both terms are sometimes use interchangeably, but they have a slight difference in the conditions. In medical science, a medical condition can be prevent, and many successful treatment options are present in hospitals. Consult with Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao – Heart Doctor in India.
What Is Atherosclerosis? | Atherosclerosis- Symptoms | Causes | Diagnosis | and Treatment | Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao
Atherosclerosis is a narrowing and hardening of your arteries. It is cause by cholesterol plaques lining the artery day by day. The blood flow can be at risk as arteries get block. Due to this situation, it can become the usual cause of heart attack, peripheral vascular disease, and strokes all together it is call cardiovascular disease.
Symptoms of Atherosclerosis
There is the chance to not have symptoms until the arteries are completely closed or you don’t experience a heart attack or stroke. The artery is narrowed or blocked symptoms also depend on this. Symptoms related coronary arteries: –
- Arrhythmia, an unusual heartbeat
- Pain or pressure in your upper body
- Shortness of breath
- Weakness in your arms or legs
- Hard to get understand something
- Drooping facial muscles
- Severe headache
- Problem in viewing in one or both eyes
The exact cause of atherosclerosis is not specified yet, they are still unknown. But the evidence states that it could be caused due to damage to the inner lining of the arteries. The damage could be caused by the following factor: –
- Smoking and other tobacco use
- Having a high level of fat or cholesterol in the blood
- High blood pressure
- Elevated blood sugar
- Inflammation from lupus, infection, arthritis, and other diseases
Moreover, to diagnose atherosclerosis the symptoms and medical history is the most prime thing to look over. There are various tests available to diagnose and treatment. Blood tests are done for a proper checkup. The blood checkup includes blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and blood glucose.
Blood Pressure Measurements
- Checking the measurement of blood pressure will help to measure the blood flow and detect blockages.
- This is a process in which the test is done by inserting a long and narrow tube through an artery and extending it towards the heart from this the injecting a dye which is visible in X-ray images to reveal blockage.
- This test helps to measure the electrical activity in the heart and it reveals the chances of prior heart attack along with the heart rhythm disorder. Atherosclerosis could be a serious health issue it; may lead to major health problems such as heart attack, stroke, and heart failure. But it reacts differently to different people.
Treatment needs a change in lifestyle to decrease the amount of fat. Thus, the most effective thing is an exercise to improve the health of the heart and blood vessels. So, here we suggest you some medication that could be the best to treat atherosclerosis includes: –
- Cholesterol-lowering drugs, including statins
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
- Antiplatelet drugs such as aspirin
- Apart from it, surgery is also an option to treat atherosclerosis.
In conclusion, Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao is one of the best heart doctors. Thus, being an experienced heart specialist, he gives the best treatment of atherosclerosis. He is an angioplasty expert so has great detailed knowledge about it. Diet plays an important role and he suggests the best diet for heart patients so that they can live healthy and happy. Also, prevention is necessary for living a healthy life. Also, he believes in regular exercise along with proper nutrient food. So for Atherosclerosis- Symptoms | Causes | Diagnosis | and Treatment, Must consult with Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao.