The Impella Ventricular Support System has a small blood pump at the end of a thin and flexible tube (catheter). It is use in inserted through a heart blood vessel in a patient’s leg that is known as femoral artery. Once it is implanted, it pumps the blood for the left side of the heart. This can be pumping blood from inside the heart, from the main left heart chamber, the left ventricle, to the main heart blood vessel which is exiting to the heart, known as aorta. The end of the tube coming from the artery is connected outside of the body to an external console, and a special computer that supply powers and controls the Impella System. Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao, is Best Impella Device Procedure Doctor in India, who have so many years of experience in Heart Surgeries and in this field.
During this therapy, the Impella blood pump will be permanently connected to the console, which will be monitored with the expert.
Best Impella Device Procedure Doctor in India | Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao
The Impella Support System is used in under the Best Heart Expert in India. Patients who receive an Impella Support System is always under observation until it is removed.
How does it work?
The Impella Ventricular Support System helps to pump the blood by drawing blood out of the heart and pumping it into the partially, aorta, or fully bypassing the left ventricle of the heart. It is implanted into the left side of a patient’s heart with a small incision in the major artery in the leg or femoral artery. And also it can be implanted in a subclavian artery which is an artery in the chest.
Who Should Use the Impella Support System
The Impella Support System may is used in those people who need emergency support of the left heart. People who may use the Impella Support System include:
- For whose left heart fails because of a heart-attack
- For those left heart fails during an emergency procedure on the heart
- For those whose left heart fails during heart surgery or any heart treatment
- For those whose left heart fails due to heart muscle disease
- For those whose left heart fails due to inflammation of the heart muscle
- For those whose left heart fails during the last month of pregnancy or up to five months after giving child-birth
When is it used?
Cardiogenic attack is a condition in which the left ventricle of the heart is fails to pump enough blood to the body, in this the Impella Ventricular Support System may be used temporarily (4 days or less for the Impella 2.5 and Impella CP, and for 6 days or less for Impella 5.0 and LD) to treat cardiogenic shock. Impella device therapy is intended to provide sufficient circulation of blood while also allowing the damaged heart muscle to rest and recovery. The device has been approved for use in the heart treatment of sudden heart cardiogenic shock that may happen instantly (within 48 hours).
What will it accomplish?
Using the Impella Ventricular Support System, the blood pump that effectively bypasses the left ventricle; it supports blood pressure and provides increased blood flow to delicate organs in people with cardiogenic shock. This procedure allows the left ventricle to rest and give a hopefully recovery and resume pumping without any support
Risks of the Impella Support System
All cardiac surgical procedures have some risks. Many of the risks of the Impella Support System are the same as the any other heart treatment procedure. Here are these:
- People treated with the Impella blood pump are very sick, and also may die during their therapy
- People may have face the bleeding event, which can result in low blood being to be put back into their bodies (transfusion)
- Some of blood cells may damage, which may be caused by the Impella blood pump or other pumps used during surgery
- People may have a stroke, which may create a condition when blood flow is decreased to the brain causes death of brain cells
- Blood flow can be reduced to their leg where the Impella blood pump is inserted
- People may develop an infection, which could be localized or spread throughout their body
For Additional information (including warnings, precautions, and adverse events): you can contact to Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao. He is top of the one Best Impella Device Procedure Doctor in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, and Complicated Angioplasty Expert in India. He give the all the best information for your heart regarding Impella Support System.