Best Heart Attack Treatment in Kolkata: Heart attacks are the main cause of death in both men and women. More than 1 million people in the United States experience a heart attack each year, with around half of them dying. Half of those who die to do so within one hour of the onset of symptoms and before arriving at the hospital.
A heart attack occurs when the flow of blood in the heart muscles is interrupted. Moreover, It is a medical emergency in which the flow of oxygen-rich blood to a part of the heart muscles suddenly becomes blocked. If blood flow is not supplied to continue, heart muscles begin to die. Similarly, if you have a medical emergency, such as a heart attack, you can contact Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao. He offers the best Heart Attack Treatment in Kolkata and first-add treatment.
What is Heart Attack? – Heart Expert
A heart attack occurs when the blood supply to the heart muscle is severely reduced or completely cut off. This occurs when the coronary arteries that provide blood to the heart muscle become narrowed due to a deposit of fat, cholesterol, and other compounds known as plaque. This sluggish progression is referred to as atherosclerosis.
A blood clot forms around a plaque that fractures within a coronary artery. This blood clot has the potential to obstruct blood flow from the artery to the heart muscle. A heart attack occurs every 40 seconds in the United States.
Best Heart Expert in Kolkata – Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao
Symptoms of Heart Attack
So, the common heart attack symptoms are:
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Cold sweat
- Shortness of breath
- Lightheadedness or sudden dizziness
- Discomfort in other areas of your body
Also, symptoms can be different in people according to their age and gender. In women, symptoms are different, like stomach pain, back or jaw pain, or breathing problem. Similarly, diabetes people have mostly silent heart attacks without any symptoms.
Causes of Heart Attack
During a heart attack, our heart muscles are not able to supply the oxygen in heart blood vessels. If you have coronary artery disease, blood can’t flow as well as it should. Thus, according to Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao, Best Heart Attack Treatment in Kolkata, the common risk factors and causes of heart attacks are:
- Coronary heart disease
- Coronary artery spasm
- Stress or pain
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Age or Gender
Heart Attack Diagnosis
Consequently, if the person has the symptoms of a heart attack, should be taken to the hospital immediately. So, some tests for diagnosis of heart attack are-
- Chest X-ray
- ECG (Electrocardiograph)
- Blood test
- Angiography (Cardiac Catheterization)
- Cardiac Enzyme (Troponin I)Test
In the same way, at heart attack time, if the heart rhythm is not working normally, an automated external defibrillator (AED) is a device that shocks the heartbeat back to a normal rhythm. So, treatment in a hospital provided for a heart attack is-
- Bypass surgery
- Balloon angioplasty
- Stent placement
- Clot-busting treat
How is Heart Attack Different from Cardiac Arrest?
When the blood supply to the heart is restricted, a heart attack occurs. That is a circulation issue. The heart malfunctions and suddenly stops beating in sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). Sudden cardiac arrest is a medical emergency caused by abnormal heart rhythms known as arrhythmias. Ventricular fibrillation is a frequent and possibly fatal arrhythmia. This occurs when the lower chambers of the heart begin to beat chaotically and fail to pump blood.
A heart attack can result in ventricular fibrillation, which can lead to abrupt cardiac arrest. Death can occur minutes after the heart stops beating. If CPR is provided and a defibrillator is utilized within minutes to shock the heart and restore normal cardiac rhythm, cardiac arrest can be reversed.
Treatment of Heart Attack | Best Treatment in Kolkata
More heart tissue is injured or dies every minute after a heart attack. Immediate treatment is required to restore blood flow and oxygen levels. Oxygen is administered promptly. The type of heart attack treatment depends on whether blood flow is partially or completely blocked.
A heart attack requires immediate medical attention. Here are the steps that are typically taken to treat a heart attack:
- Call emergency medical services (108 in India) right away if you or someone else is experiencing symptoms of a heart attack.
- Take aspirin, if available and not contraindicated, to help prevent blood clot formation.
- While waiting for medical help to arrive, try to stay calm and rest.
- If you have nitroglycerin prescribed to you, take it as directed to help relieve chest pain and improve blood flow to the heart.
- Once you arrive at the hospital, medical professionals will conduct tests to determine the type and severity of the heart attack, such as an electrocardiogram (ECG) or blood tests.
- If necessary, medical professionals may administer medications, such as thrombolytics or anticoagulants, to help dissolve blood clots and restore blood flow to the heart.
- Depending on the severity and type of heart attack, medical professionals may perform procedures such as angioplasty or coronary artery bypass surgery to restore blood flow to the heart.
- After treatment, cardiac rehabilitation and lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking, exercising regularly, and maintaining a healthy diet are important steps to prevent future heart attacks.
It’s important to note that the specific treatment plan for a heart attack can vary depending on the individual’s unique medical history and circumstances.
Medications for Heart Attack | Best Heart Attack Treatment in Kolkata
The following medications may be used to treat a heart attack by the Best Heart Expert in Kolkata:
- Aspirin: Aspirin inhibits blood coagulation. It aids in the movement of blood through a clogged artery.
- Clot busters: These medications aid in the dissolution of blood clots that are impeding blood flow to the heart.
- Other blood-thinning medications: Heparin may be administered via IV or injection. Heparin makes the blood less sticky and less prone to clotting.
- Nitroglycerin: This drug dilates the blood vessels. It helps to enhance blood flow to the heart.
- Morphine: This medication is used to treat chest pain that does not respond to nitroglycerin.
- Beta-blockers: These drugs reduce blood pressure and slow the heartbeat. Beta-blockers can help prevent future heart attacks by reducing heart muscle damage
- ACE inhibitors: These medications reduce blood pressure and heart stress.
- Statins: These medications aid in the reduction of harmful cholesterol levels. Too much poor cholesterol (LDL, or low-density lipoprotein) can clog arteries.
Video: Expert Talk on Heart Attack Treatment Procedure
Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao is one of the best Structural Heart Disease Specialist In Kolkata, and also he is providing the Best Heart Attack Treatment in Kolkata. A heart attack is also known as a silent attack. Moreover, if a person suffering from a heart attack immediate treatment should be given as per checking the health condition.
If the person has a cardiac attack, CPR or chest compression is one of the best options to give them as soon as. Hence, for more details, call: +91-7891791586.