The ongoing pandemic of Covid-19 affected a lot of the world. It contains the coronavirus caused by SARA-CoV. This virus directly attacks the respiratory system, due to which lungs do not work properly and this causes issues for the heart. When the lungs get weaker the heart has to work hard so that it can pump the oxygenated blood into the whole body. This is a matter of concern as it could be dangerous for heart patients. Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao says, having healthy food for heart patients during covid-19 is very necessary. Presentations are the right choice as this is the best cure.
Healthy Food for Heart Patients during Covid-19- Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao
Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao is one of the best Cardiologists. He suggests some healthy food for heart patients during Covid-19. Here are some suggestions for healthy food for heart patients during Covid-19:
Also, You can Read: NeoCov Virus and How NeoCov Hits the Heart Patients
Reduce saturated fat and high-cholesterol food from your diet
- Use skimmed milk for tea, curd, coffee, and paneer. Avoid whole milk which is good for a healthy heart.
- Using good fat food in the diet like flaxseed, olive oil, soybean, mustard oil, fish, walnuts, avocados, etc. along with omega-3 fatty acids helps to stay healthy for a heart patient.
- Fried foods like puri, samosa, pure ghee items, butter, cream-based dessert, and paratha must not be included in the diet.
Avoid refined carbohydrates and reduce sugar
- Refined carbohydrates like jams, honey, sugar, Maida, cookies, pizza, macaroni, and white bread must be avoided.
- Heart patients must intake unrefined whole grains like multigrain bread, rice, barley, quinoa, oatmeal, brown rice, etc.
Include Fiber-rice Food in the diet
- Healthy food for heart patients during covid-19 includes eating whole grain, whole gram, pulses, and whole wheat bread. A good diet includes vegetables and fruits like carrots, onions, cucumber, green veggies, tomatoes, berries, papaya, citrus fruits, and pears into your diet.
- Beverages include fruit juices, buttermilk, and lemonade in the diet as they do not have to contain cholesterol and saturated fat.
- All aerated and alcoholic beverages must be avoided.
- Coffee and tea must be in limited quantities as much consumption of caffeine increase heart rate.
Reduce intake of processed foods
- Processed foods like packaged chips, cookies, frozen meats, packaged soup, processed cheese, etc. could be very dangerous for heart patients as these food items contain high salt in the form of sodium.
For more information on Covid-19, read- COVID-19 Disease, Symptoms, Variants, and Precautions for Heart Patients
Cardiologist Expert- Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao
Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao is a well-known doctor in India for all the problems related to the heart. He provides the best treatment to his patients as he is a specialist in heart diseases. As diet plays an important role, healthy food for heart patients during covid-19 is necessary. These are:
- Have a small and frequent meal at the time of heavy eating.
- Often monitor blood pressure levels.
- Proper sleep of 8 hours is necessary.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol must be avoided.
- Do exercises like solving puzzles, reading motivational thoughts, etc. to keep your mind active to maintain mental health.
- Avoid spicy food.
- Regular exercise is important for at least 20 minutes every day.
Prevent getting infected and have a healthy diet for heart patients during covid-19 so that everyone can stay fit. Consult Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao for heart-related health issues.
Also Read, Coronavirus for Heart Patients in 2022.