Signs of Heart Disease in Children and Teenagers- Approximately one in every ten children experience heart disease problems. Heart diseases can be equally dangerous for children as they are dangerous for adults. However, a child with heart disease problems may not have noticeable symptoms. Sometimes it becomes difficult to recognize these symptoms as they may transpire regularly over time. This progressive start of symptoms can lead to a delay in the diagnosis of the disease. Furthermore, the signs of heart disease problems in your child can also change based on age.
In most cases, children have observable symptoms like abnormal heartbeat or palpitations. On recognizing these symptoms, you can consult with Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao. After checking your child and making a whole evaluation, he can start with the required procedure.
Commonly Found Heart Diseases among Children and Teens- Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao
Heart disease in children can occur either because of natural heart diseases or due to the defects that are occurring by birth. The generally observed heart diseases in children and teenagers are:
Congenital or Natural Heart Defects
These heart diseases occur in 1 out of all 100 newborn children. These heart defects appear when the heart or blood arteries around the heart are not improving sufficiently. The disease, whether moderate or critical, can interfere with the heart’s strength to operate.
Inherited Heart Diseases
Inherited heart diseases are diseases that affect a heart’s blood artery. These diseases are more usually observed in adults, but children and teenagers can also get affected. This disease in children involves myocarditis, hypertension, cardiomyopathy, etc.
Rheumatic Heart Disease
Rheumatic heart disease is a disease that is affected by the bacteria responsible for strep throat. Your child’s immune system can create antibodies to attack a strep virus, but these antibodies can also break your heart valves.
Viral Infections or disease
Virus infections can influence a child’s heart to numerous extents. Certain viruses may cause myocarditis, affecting the heart’s capacity to elevate blood throughout the body.
Arrhythmia or irregular heart movement can make the heart pump short efficiently. This difficulty is prevalent among teenagers.
Symptoms of Heart Problems in Babies
Several children with heart disease problems look to be well healthy and give no symptoms. If kids grow symptoms, then they look in the initial weeks after their birth. Several symptoms of heart diseases which are popular with newborn kids include:
- Cyanosis is a symptom among babies where they get less oxygen for breath. This condition is connected with heart problems among kids and usually happens when a kid holds less oxygen after the child’s birth.
- Bluish-colored nail areas, lips, or tongues are also signs of possible heart disorder.
- Your child becomes tired and weak quickly while feeding.
- Tachypnea is also a sign of heart problems disease among children. In this condition, the respiratory frequency is higher than regular, occurring in abnormally fast breathing.
- Quick or fast breathing or difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in gaining weight
You must consult- the Best Heart Expert in India directly away if you see any of certain symptoms in your child’ body.
Symptoms of Heart Problems in Toddlers (1-2 years of age)
Heart difficulties are observed normally among toddlers (1-2 years of age). These children don’t have a well-developed thesaurus, so they cannot correctly define their heart disease symptoms. The general symptoms of heart diseases observed in your children are:
- The kids grow out of breathing with exercise earlier than the other kids
- Turning space around the resins/ tongues can also be a symptom of heart problems disease.
- Irregular heartbeat [arrhythmia], heart beeping or heart pressure, or repeated chest discomfort or pain.
- Irregular heartbeat or Arrhythmia is also a sign of heart disease in a baby.
- Moving out is less prevalent in toddlers, but it can appear in some unique causes.
- Some toddlers are diagnosed with “seizures” which is comparable to cardiac arrest in adults.
Symptoms of Heart disease in Older Children or Youngsters
Teenagers are more capable of describing their symptoms than kids. However, the symptoms of heart problems in teens are usually related to younger children. The symptoms of heart diseases which are prevalent in teens or youngsters are:
- Extreme shortness of breath with exercise is common in teens or youngsters.
- Getting sweaty with daily exercises earlier as compared to other children
- Chest pain with exercise
- Chest discomfort
- General Signs of Heart Problems
Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao: Best Cardiologist in India
Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao is the Best Cardiologist in India, having years of experience in this field. You can get affordable, easy, and top-class heart treatment under his. Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao has a specialization in managing the most difficult heart disease cases. Don’t let your heart diseases overpower you, and consult with Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao for the best heart problem solutions.