Our heart has four valves that are known as mitral valve, tricuspid valve, aortic valve and pulmonary valve. These entire valves work together and in connected with each other. Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao, will talk about mitral valve who is the Best Doctor of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement(TMVR) in India. Mitral valve is present in the left side of the heart. It controls the blood flow from the lungs to the whole body. But in some conditions and some disease, the flow of blood is interrupt. It flow backwards from the valve or obstructs the blood flow from the valve. This condition may cause of heart problems in the body. Open heart surgery is the common option this condition but not everyone is ready of this treatment. So Transcatheter mitral valve repair is need.
Best Doctor of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement in India | Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement (TMVR) expert in India
TMVR procedure is invasive surgery to replace the diseased and affected mitral valve. Moreover, there is no need of open heart surgery after this procedure. TMVR is a catheter based therapy which is perform using venous access and echocardiography and fluoroscopy. Specialist Heart Doctor of Rotablation Treatment in India
There are many advantages of this procedure. Some of this are–
- Not every patient is a ready of open heart surgery. Many of people need of mitral valve replacement but not for open heart surgery are give TMVR.
- There is no any need of incisions.
- As there is no big incision, there is no issue of scarring.
- No blood loss is there.
- It is a pain free procedure.
- This procedure is reduce risk of infection and complication.
- There is less recovery time so you are able to return to your daily work routine in a shorter time period.
There are two causes of TMVR. These are explain below –
Mitral Valve Stenosis
In this condition our heart valve becomes narrow and not able to open properly, thus blocking the blood flow. These following symptoms are observe–
- Shortness of breath.
- Excessive stress while doing physical activity.
- Sensation of fluttering heart.
- Once the site is reach, surgeon will remove the disease valve and implant with artificial valve.
Causes of This Condition –
- Fever is the common reason of this condition. It may cause the flaps to thicken.
- As per your age a calcium deposit around the mitral valve known as annulus.
- It may be due to congenital defect that may increase by over time.
Mitral Valve Regurgitation
In this condition the mitral valve is not tight enough and may cause of blood flow in backward direction. In mostly cases, regurgitation has reached a high stage then the blood won’t be able to reach the body and you can’t able to breath. So, other symptoms are of this condition –
- Murmuring of heart beat through a stethoscope.
- Swelling on feet and ankles.
- Fluttering heartbeat
Causes of Mitral Valve Regurgitation Include –
- Torn tissues causing leakage through the mitral valve.
- Infection of the heart affecting the mitral valve.
- Certain types of medications like cafergot, migergot etc.
The whole procedure of TMVR is done with mitral clip, and with the help of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement (TMVR) expert in India, that is Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao. Moreover, TMVR is insert inside the body using a catheter tube. The mitral clip is made of metal and polyester which is insert in heart. The wire is mitral valve is remove after the reach upper left heart chamber. Therefore, the clip is connect with the catheter tube and atrium. The clips arm are open and place over the heart valve’s card. Two smaller channels are created for closing the clip arms to the leaflets together in the middle of heart valve. The catheter tube is removed after the procedure but the clip is kept in place.
In case, you have any type of query and need help regarding the procedure of TMVR, you can connect to Best Doctor of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement in Jaipur, India. Also having the experience of many years in treat the heart disease, he is Chief Interventional Cardiologist with the Best Heart Doctor of Mitral Valve.