Best Heart Valve Experts in Gujarat: The heart valve is a specialized structure in the heart that plays a crucial role in regulating blood flow. There are four valves in the heart: the mitral valve, tricuspid valve, pulmonary valve, and aortic valve. Each valve is made up of leaflets or cusps that open and close in response to pressure changes as the heart beats.
The mitral valve and tricuspid valve control the flow of blood between the atria and ventricles, while the pulmonary valve and aortic valve regulate blood flow between the ventricles and arteries. The valves ensure that blood flows in only one direction, preventing backflow that could cause damage to the heart and lungs.
He gives the best advice for heart valve replacement and after that; you will get your heart function back on track. Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao. is the Best Heart Valve Experts in Gujarat and as well as in Rajasthan, India.
What is Heart Valve Disease?
When one or more of your heart’s valves ceases to function properly, you have heart valve disease. Your heart’s four valves keep blood flowing properly. Rarely, one or more valves fail to open or seal properly. This can impair the flow of blood from your heart to your body.
The other prevalent type of heart valve issue occurs when the opening of the valve becomes restricted and rigid, preventing the valve from fully opening when blood tries to pass through; this is known as stenosis.
Sometimes the heart valve fails to operate properly, causing the heart to be modified to supply blood. Hence consult with the Best Heart Valve Expert in Gujarat- Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao, he is the best leading doctor for heart disease in Gujarat and all over India.
Causes of Heart Valve Disease
The mitral, tricuspid, pulmonary, and aortic valves are the four heart valves that maintain blood flow in the proper direction. Flaps (leaflets) in each valve open and close once per heartbeat. Blood flow through your heart to your body is disturbed if one or more of the valves fails to open or seal appropriately.
Heart valve disease can occur at birth (congenital). It can also occur in adults for a variety of reasons and circumstances, including infections and other heart disorders. Heart valve problems include:
- Regurgitation: The valve flaps do not shut properly, allowing blood to seep back into your heart. This is most usually caused by valve flaps bulging back, a condition known as prolapse.
- Stenosis: The valve flaps become thicker or stiffer, and they may fuse. As a result, the valve aperture narrows and blood flow through the valve decreases.
- Atresia: The valve does not form, and a solid sheet of tissue prevents blood flow between the heart chambers.
Symptoms of Heart Valve Disease
Some persons with heart valve dysfunction may not have symptoms for several years. When symptoms emerge, they may include the following:
- Chest pain.
- There is a whooshing sound when a doctor listens to the heart using a stethoscope (heart murmur).
- The abdomen is swollen (more common with advanced tricuspid regurgitation).
- Shortness of breath, especially whether active or lying down.
- Swelling of your feet and ankles.
- Irregular heartbeat.
Conditions in which heart valve replacement is necessary | Heart Valve Experts
Valve pathology is either genetic or associated with rheumatic heart disease. Many of these are can be treated by medication. But in most cases, surgery is needed to treat the heart disease forever. Over time, these defects can lead to serious complications such as heart attack, heart failure, stroke, and even death. The Best Heart Valve Experts in Gujarat, India, will tell you some conditions in which heart valve replacement is necessary. Some of these conditions are:
- Aortic valve regurgitation – Backward blood flow from the aorta (A) to the left ventricle
- Aortic valve stenosis due to a narrow valve – Less blood is pumped into the aorta.
- Mitral stenosis – Less blood is pumped from the left atrium to the left ventricle
- Mitral regurgitation – Back blood flow from the left ventricle to the left atrium
Surgical choices for heart valve replacement include:
- Mechanical Valve – A long-lasting valve made of durable material
- Tissue valve – This includes human or animal donor tissue and lasts 10-20 years
- TAVI / TAVR Procedure – Trans Catheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- New surgery options like donor valve implantation – Human donor valve, used only in conditions like infectious endocarditis
How to decide which heart valve procedure is right for your heart
Both decisions are especially significant because recovery and quality of life depend on them. To, reduce the risk of embolism, the patient may need to take blood thinners for life. According to the Best Heart Expert in India, the following elements considered for deciding on the heart valve procedure:
- The severity of the situation
- Overall health
- Overlapping heart
Heart Valve Disease Treatment by The Heart Valve Expert
Here are some points outlining the treatment options for heart valve disease:
- Medications: Doctors may prescribe medications to manage symptoms, such as high blood pressure or heart failure, that can result from heart valve disease. Medications can also help prevent blood clots from forming on the valve.
- Valve repair or replacement surgery: In some cases, the damaged valve can be surgically repaired, such as by patching a hole or tightening a valve that’s leaking. If repair is not possible, the valve may need to be replaced with a mechanical or biological valve.
- Transcatheter valve replacement: A minimally invasive procedure where a new valve is inserted through a catheter into the heart, without open-heart surgery.
- Balloon valvuloplasty: A catheter is inserted through an artery in the groin and guided to the heart. A balloon is inflated to help widen the valve opening, improving blood flow.
- Watchful waiting: In some cases, especially if the symptoms are mild or the patient is elderly, doctors may monitor the condition closely and recommend lifestyle changes, such as dietary adjustments or exercise, to manage symptoms.
The appropriate treatment for heart valve disease will depend on the type and severity of the condition, as well as the patient’s overall health and preferences.
Result of Valve Replacement from Gujarat Expert
Angioplasty Expert in Delhi always recommends that you will get complete relief in 8 weeks from blood thinners for life. Also, there is a need to practice healthy eating, physical exercise, a healthy lifestyle full of tobacco, and less alcohol.
Thus, Heart valve replacement is no longer a dangerous procedure. There are many options for minimally invasive techniques that have changed the way things work. Even the cost of surgery has also come down; the quality of life has improved. The Best Heart Valve Experts in Gujarat, India, call the healthcare delivery paradigm shift.
If you or your known are facing heart valve disease or other related to the heart, you must consult with the Best Heart Valve specialist in Gujarat – Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao at +91-7891791586. Also, He is an expert in all Heart-related problems and one of the best heart doctors in India.